Strictly limited to 30 attendees maximum booked on a first come, first served basis. £3995
Harness the power of S&OP to drive real change across your business
Sales and operations planning has evolved significantly from its origins, but many organizations have yet to adapt the way they use it. This two-day masterclass will equip senior leaders with knowledge and strategies to implement S&OP as a powerful force for improvement.
Create a modern S&OP programme
S&OP has entered a new era. In successful organisations it has moved beyond the parameters of supply chain and operations into a role as a driver for strategic change and improvement.
However, many organisations are still using S&OP simply as a set of tools and techniques for supply chain planning. As a result, they are failing to capitalise on its true potential for creating value.
This masterclass, led by global expert Alain Perrot, will teach senior business leaders how to join the new era of S&OP, using it to align people, functions and strategy to implement change at pace. Using a unique blend of real-time, game-based simulation training, classroom learning and site visits, this masterclass offers a practical roadmap for the creation of a modern S&OP programme.
The masterclass incorporates a site visit hosted by Volvo Group in Gothenburg, a company that has built a solid position as a world leader in commercial transportation technology. S&OP plays a major role in the automotive industry in optimising and increasing customer service and value while maintaining or decreasing cost levels.
How you and your business will benefit
Key learnings for masterclass attendees include:
- Discovering the powerful connection between S&OP and organisational strategy
- Understanding why S&OP cannot be seen as a one-size-fits-all approach, but a unique and customisable weapon to break down silos and align activities
- Learning how to build an S&OP programme uniquely based on your organisation’s DNA
- Discovering the seven secret pillars of S&OP and how to implement them at speed
- Developing a roadmap to make successful S&OP happen, by aligning strategy, behaviour and cross-functional co-operation.
Who should attend?
The masterclass is aimed at senior Directors and Vice Presidents working across a range of functional leadership roles, including but not limited to:
- S&OP leaders
- Supply chain
- Sales and Marketing
The effectiveness and impact of the masterclass is maximised when organisations send cross-functional groups to the event, particularly colleagues from supply chain and sales and marketing. That approach ensures collaborative thinking and embeds agreement on strategic direction to take back to the business.
There is great value in this masterclass even for experienced S&OP practitioners. Discover new ideas to take to new roles, learn how to implement S&OP at speed, and refine change management techniques to win hearts and minds.
DAY 1 - WHY:
Making the Future Happen Changing the Mindset from Forecast to Foresight
Welcome and Introduction
- An introduction to the programme : Focus 80% on people, 20% on processes & tools
- Key course concepts : Think big, start small, learn by doing, scale fast
- Discussion of participants’ goals: Looking for basics or breakthroughs?
Value Race Business Game (part 1)
- A ‘war game’ which simulates coopetition (cooperation AND competition at the same time) in a value network of manufacturers and distributors
- Introduction to the game and link to S&OP
- Game Rounds 1-3
- Learnings from the Game and what they mean for S&OP
Day 1 - AFTERNOON
Foundations of S&OP
- Review of the 7 secret pillars of S&OP and how to implement them fast
- Original S&OP model : simple but still compelling to start the journey
- Case Study n°1 : Steering in a global and complex environment through the
original S&OP model
- Strategic choices and their consequences for S&OP
- Sales strategies & Operations strategies
- S&OP to align Sales & Operations strategies
- Advanced S&OP model : understanding why it is a breakthrough versus
- Right-to-left thinking: a way to move from manage to lead
- Consequences of implementing right-to-left thinking in each step of S&OP
- Consequences of right-to-left thinking on people: new skills and behaviours
Value Race Business Game (part 2)
- Game Rounds 4-7
- Detailed game analysis and learnings for S&OP
- Individual take outs from the game
Day 2 - WHO, WHAT, and WHEN:
Implementing S&OP: Fit for Purpose Tools to engage the Business in S&OP
PLANT TOUR & PRESENTATIONS: Volvo Trucks
- Case Study n°2 : Implementing in 2 years advanced S&OP in a €20bn nusiness
Regional and Global S&OP
- Applying right-to-left thinking to regional & global S&OPs
- Organisational choices and consequences for S&OP design
- Regional & global S&OP models by industry
- Case Study n°3 : Global S&OP in a cosmetics business
Detailed Review of Ling Coldrick S&OP model
- The end of Best Practices
- Portfolio Management Review : From administrator to entrepreneur mindset
- Demand Management Review : From focus on numbers to focus on drivers
- Supply Management Review : From problem bringer to solution provider
- Integrated Reconciliation : From checkpoint to knowledge distillation
- Management Business Review : From micro-management to big battles steering
Day 2 - AFTERNOON
- Case Study n°4 : the unsung heroes
- The Time prisoners’ dilemma
- The power of One Team : high-performance team system
- Embedding company DNA in S&OP
- Multicultural challenges and mass-customization of S&OP
- S&OP proven path
- Project management or business transformation?
- S&OP health check
- Course summary and attendees feedback
Volvo Trucks, Gothenburg, Sweden
Like what you see?
Masterclass: the next generation of S&OP
February 5-6, 2018 – Volvo Trucks, Gothenburg, Sweden
Accelerating capability for today’s leaders